There are a few rules of conduct that you are required to follow when you use this Site:
- Do not “harvest” (or collect) information from this Site using an automated software tool or manually on a mass basis (unless we have given you separate written permission to do so). This includes, for example, information about other users of the Site and information about the offerings, products, services and promotions available on the Site.
- Do not use automated means to access the Site, or gain unauthorized access to the Site or to any account or computer system connected to the Site.
- Do not obtain, or attempt to obtain, access to areas of the Site or our systems that are not intended for access by you.
- Do not “flood” the Site with requests or otherwise overburden, disrupt or harm the Site or its systems.
- Do not circumvent or reverse engineer the Site or its systems.
- Do not restrict or inhibit another User or Users from using and enjoying this Site.
- If you post something to this Site, such as comments or other content, do not post anything that:
- Infringes any third party intellectual property right (such as copyrights),
- Is defamatory (i.e., something that is negative and untrue about another person or entity);
- Divulges another person’s or entity’s confidential or private information or trade secret;
- Is fraudulent, unlawful, threatening, harassing, abusive, obscene or discriminatory;
- Encourages criminal conduct;
- Advertises or solicits business for products or services other than those that are offered and promoted on this Site; or
- Contains any virus, malware, spyware or other harmful content or code.
You also must comply with all applicable laws and contractual obligations when you use this Site.
The Content of and all materials, information and services distributed in conjunction with the Site are Copyright © Talen Energy Corporation and/or its affiliates or licensors. All rights reserved. Talen Energy also owns a copyright in the Site as a collective work and/or compilation, and in the selection, coordination, arrangement, and enhancement of this Site’s Content. Using the Site does not give you any ownership to our Content and you have no right or interest in our Content except the right to use our Content in the manner described herein.
Talen Energy; Talen; the Talen Energy Logo; certain parts of the preceding trademarks and names; and all other names, logos and icons identifying Talen Energy’s products and services are proprietary marks of Talen Energy and its affiliates, and any use in trade of such marks without the express written permission of Talen Energy is strictly prohibited. Other product and company names mentioned on this Site may be the marks of their respective owners.
If Talen Energy permits posting to this Site and you submit or post any materials or content to this Site, you grant us a royalty free, perpetual, irrevocable, transferrable, assignable, sub-licensable worldwide license to use such materials and content, including alterations thereof, for our business purposes, in any form, in any media, and via any technology we choose, whether it exists now or is created in the future. You represent that any materials and content posted or otherwise submitted by you to this Site is original to you and that you have the right to grant us these rights.
Please do not send us your ideas for our business. We are always thinking and creating, and we may have similar ideas of our own. To avoid any disputes between us relating to ideas that you have submitted to us you agree that, if you send us your ideas, you are giving us the right to use them, and you waive and release us from claims that we have used your ideas without your permission.
4. Responsibility for Public Postings and Content. Responsibility for what is posted in public areas of our website lies with each user - you alone are responsible for the material you post or otherwise make available in public areas of our Site. You alone are responsible for assessing the credibility of other user postings. We do not control the material that you or others may post or otherwise make available in such areas, and you understand that we have no obligation to monitor any such material or to edit or delete it. However, we reserve the right do so. We are not a publisher of user posts, and we are not responsible for their accuracy or legality.
5. Site Registration and Password Policy. Use of certain portions of this Site requires both log-in information and a password. You agree to provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself as prompted by the applicable registration or log-in form, and you are responsible for keeping such information up-to-date (this includes your contact information, so that we can reliably contact you). The information you submit must describe you (you may not impersonate another person or entity), and you may not sell, share or otherwise transfer your account information.
The log-in information is your e-mail address (“User I.D.”). During the registration process for this Site, you must choose a unique sign-on password (“Password”). Each User I.D. and corresponding Password can only be used by one individual or entity. All Passwords must be kept secret. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions, you agree to be solely responsible for the confidentiality and use of your Password, and agree to be responsible for all activity occurring when this Site is accessed through your account, whether authorized by you or not. We are not liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to protect your Password or account information.
As a condition of use, you must immediately notify Talen Energy if you become aware of any loss or theft of your Password or any unauthorized use of your Password. Talen Energy reserves the right to reset any Passwords that may have been compromised.
6. Electronic Communication. The communications between you and Talen Energy via this Site use electronic means, whether you visit this Site or send us an e-mail, or whether we post notices on this Site or communicate with you via e-mail. For contractual purposes, you consent to receive communications from us in an electronic form, and you agree that all terms and conditions, agreements, notices, disclosures and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications would satisfy if it were in writing. The foregoing does not affect your non-waivable rights.
7. Registration Participation Limitation. When registering with Talen Energy, you represent and warrant that: (a) you are 18 years old or older; (b) you are using your actual identity and any information you provide to Talen Energy is accurate and complete and (c) your registration with Talen Energy and use of this Site will not violate any local, state, national or international laws or regulations. These representations and warranties are in addition to, and not in lieu of, any representations, warranties, covenants or commitments included in any click-through agreement or other agreement made by you in connection with your registration and use of such portions of this Site.
10. Events Beyond Talen Energy’s Control. Talen Energy will not be responsible for any loss resulting from a cause over which it does not have direct control, including, but not limited to, failure of electronic or mechanical equipment or communication lines, telephone or other interconnect problems, computer viruses, unauthorized access, theft, operator errors, severe weather, earthquakes, or natural disasters, strikes or other labor problems, wars or governmental restrictions.
11. DISCLAIMERS. THE SITE AND ALL MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES ON THE SITE ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” AND ON AN "AS AVAILABLE" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING EXPRESS, IMPLIED AND STATUTORY WARRANTIES THAT THE MATERIALS, INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE OR COMPLETELY SECURE AND THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. THIS MEANS THAT WE MAKE NO PROMISES THAT:
- THE SITE WILL BE AVAILABLE AT ANY PARTICULAR TIME,
- THE SITE WILL MEET ANY PARTICULAR REQUIREMENTS OR PROVIDE ANY PARTICULAR RESULTS,
- THE INFORMATION ON THE SITE WILL BE ACCURATE OR UP-TO-DATE,
- THE SITE OR THE INFORMATION TRANSMITTED TO OR FROM IT OR STORED ON IT WILL BE SECURE FROM UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS,
- INFORMATION AND MATERIALS THAT YOU STORE IN YOUR ACCOUNT OR ON THIS SITE WILL REMAIN RETRIEVABLE AND UNCORRUPTED, OR
- THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE OR WILL BE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS, OR THAT DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED.
IF YOU PURCHASE A PRODUCT OR SERVICE FROM A THIRD PARTY AFTER FOLLOWING AN AD OR LINK ON OUR SITE, THE TERMS OF SALE FOR YOUR PURCHASE ARE BETWEEN YOU AND THE THIRD PARTY FROM WHOM YOU MADE THE PURCHASE. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR SUCH THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR FOR DISPUTES BETWEEN YOU AND THEIR SELLERS.
ALTHOUGH WE TRY TO ENSURE THAT THE INFORMATION POSTED ON THIS SITE IS ACCURATE AND UP-TO-DATE, WE RESERVE THE RIGHT TO CHANGE OR MAKE CORRECTIONS TO ANY OF THE INFORMATION (INCLUDING PRICING) AT ANY TIME. WE CANNOT, AND DO NOT, GUARANTEE THE CORRECTNESS, TIMELINESS, PRECISION, THOROUGHNESS OR COMPLETENESS OF ANY OF THE INFORMATION AVAILABLE ON THIS SITE, NOR WILL WE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INACCURACY OR OMISSION CONCERNING ANY OF THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE. NO ADVICE, RESULTS OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US OR THROUGH THE SITE SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY MADE HEREIN. WE HEREBY DISCLAIM, AND YOU HEREBY WAIVE, ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS MADE IN PRODUCT OR SERVICES LITERATURE, FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS DOCUMENTS, SUPPORT DOCUMENTATION, BY OUR CUSTOMER SERVICE AND SUPPORT AGENTS, AND OTHERWISE ON THE SITE OR IN CORRESPONDENCE WITH US OR OUR AGENTS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONTENT OR MATERIALS POSTED TO OUR SITE BY USERS, NOR FOR DISPUTES BETWEEN USERS, OR BETWEEN USERS AND THIRD PARTIES.
THESE DISCLAIMERS APPLY TO US AND OUR REPRESENTATIVES AS WELL AS THIRD PARTIES THAT ARE INVOLVED IN THE CREATION, PRODUCTION OR DISTRIBUTION OF THE SITE, AND ANY OF THEIR EMPLOYEES AND AGENTS.
IN NO EVENT SHALL TALEN ENERGY OR ANY OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DIRECT, INDIRECT, PUNITIVE, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES) ARISING FROM, OR DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY RELATED TO, YOUR USE OF THIS SITE, OR THE DELAY OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE, OR FOR ANY INFORMATION, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OBTAINED THROUGH THIS SITE OR OTHERWISE ARISING OUT OF THE UTILIZATION OF THIS SITE (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGE TO YOUR COMPUTER OR OTHER PROPERTY), WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF TALEN ENERGY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. NOTWITHSTANDING AND WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, YOU AGREE THAT THE TOTAL LIABILITY OF TALEN ENERGY, OUR REPRESENTATIVES OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, IF ANY, ARISING OUT OF ANY KIND OF LEGAL CLAIM IN ANY WAY RELATING TO YOUR USE OF THIS SITE SHALL NOT EXCEED TOTAL AMOUNT PAID BY YOU TO TALEN ENERGY IN CONNECTION WITH THE SUBJECT MATTER OF THE PARTICULAR DISPUTE. BECAUSE SOME STATES/JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF CERTAIN CATEGORIES OF DAMAGES, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IN SUCH STATES, OUR LIABILITY AND THE LIABILITY OF OUR REPRESENTATIVES OR CONTENT OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, IS LIMITED TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY SUCH STATE LAW.
14. Changes to This Site. We reserve the right to make changes to, or to suspend or discontinue (temporarily or permanently), this Site or any portion of this Site. You agree that we will not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, suspension or discontinuance.
15. Contact Information. If you have questions regarding this Site or if you are interested in obtaining more information concerning Talen Energy’s products and services, please refer to the “Contact Us” section of this Site. Talen Energy welcomes your feedback and suggestions about how to improve this Site. Any ideas, suggestions, information, know-how, material or any other content (collectively, “content”) received through this Site, however, will be deemed to include a royalty-free, perpetual, irrevocable, nonexclusive right and license for Talen Energy to adopt, publish, reproduce, disseminate, transmit, distribute, copy, use, create derivative works, display (in whole or part) worldwide or act on such content without additional approval or consideration, in any form, media or technology now known or later developed for the full term of any rights that may exist in such content, and you waive any claim to the contrary.
23. Reservation of Rights. Any rights not expressly granted are reserved by Talen Energy.
Last Updated: July 31, 2019